• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help hello wtf help please

Arsis

Hello everyone i just came from a lg esteem on metro and finally wanted a new phone.So i live in boston where mpcs offers the byod so i bought the optimus g pro had it unlocked went to metro and got a new sim and activation.

So i boot the phone and i see i have metro service so its working but im on edge speed??? I asked guys at att and metro reps if i would get 4g with this phone they all said yes im not getting 4g i pulled the battery and sim nothing still on edge,will i eventually get 4g once metro and tmobile are done with merging there networks,or am i screwed.ive looked around the web but havnt found much info and i do usually search before asking.

Any answer would be appreciated thank you

You've probably already checked this but do you have a setting on your phone for network mode? I have a different phone altogether and just kinda stumbled across your question. Anyway on my device in the settings at data usage > more > mobile networks > network mode > LTE. Your setup may be a little different but its just a thought.

If not that, I'd wonder if you are getting the advertised coverage. Here, TMO claims 4G where I'm at but you're lucky to even get Edge in reality. Different carrier but perhaps a similar kinda deal. Hope that's not the case. :rolleyes:

ty for the reply i was sure it was the apn settings i just had to go threw 10 reps to get one that knew wtf he was talking about lol,any got g pro at att for 400$$!!! thats cheap sick phone does everything you could want,anyway
if anyone wants to grab and goto metro here is the info,

name: andriod
apn: fast.t-mobile.com
mcc: 310
mnc: 260

leave everything else blank and you should have 4g bam!

Back