• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help.. Bluetooth issue after 4.3 update

Having an issue with the bluetooth connection to my VW since I've updated to 4.3... It connects for about 30 seconds then disconnects the re-connects and just keeps doing this for the whole journey. I've unpaired and paired the system, done a hard reset on the handset and disabled bluetooth etc... Nothing seems to cure it... Anyone have any ideas ?

Moved to your device forum ;) someone will answer it, patience.

This is a question that is more device related other then general related, and we try not to cross post.

I've read of some problems with BT after 4.3. The most common affects SmartWatch owners; when the SW2 is connected to the handset it knocks out the wifi connection. It doesn't affect all updated devices - my own is so far immune - but enough cases have been reported for it be a genuine issue.

Sorry I can't be of any more help, but if I come across any concrete info I'll be sure to post it here.

p.s. I'd expect a 'bug fix' from Sony to address the problem sooner rather than later. BT is the main method for connecting their various products, so a flaw in the implementation is bad news. :o

Everytime it connects to the VW bluetooth system I'm getting a notification on my phone " Bluetooth MAP active session " I never noticed this before the update.

Its the same. Since 4.3 the Xperia Z Gets the same Message "Bluetooth MAP active session". It disconnets, and starts new.
Only Way I found is, before Connecting -> Einstellungen -> Apps -> active apps and then org.codeaurora.org stopping. After that the frequently connecting ist stopped,all works well. But if I Connect again, I have to do the same Steps.

Finally just got this update and still have the same problem... My phone is still useless in my car... Any ideas anyone... Love the phone and still have another 10 months till I can change it :-(

Back
Top Bottom