• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help booting recovery image

fleshnpain

Nov 10, 2012
ive unlocked my evo 4g via htcdev :D ...and when i try to flash recovery, it drops out of the splash screen exactly 10 sec. and goes black :mad::thinking::( the only option of doin so is the ADB command method as it wont boot norm, so i can not toggle off the fastboot option from within its os. here is info that may help:eek:

****unlocked****
supersonic evt1 ship s-on
hboot-2.18.0001
microp-041f
touch panel-atmel224_16ab
radio-2.15.00.12.19
dec 21 2011,12:50:32

ive been @ this for 9 days now, and getting super:thinking: with it really ...lmao plz save me!:D

ahhh thank you kind sir :) ... i have 2 of em. PC36IMG_RA_2.3(amon) and recovery-RA-supersonic-v2.3 . sometimes my bootloader will freeze also, making it very difficult to accomplish anything ...and depending on my command it looks like this...

c:\aNdRoId>fastboot boot recovery.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 1.023s ]
booting...
OKAY [0.008s]
finished. total time: 1.032s

Upvote 0
do the md5s of the images match ones provided?

could be a bad image or download,or could be something is interfering with the phone.

double check md5s

make sure nothing is runing onthe PC that is capable of comunicating with the phone. htc sync,pdanet,easy tether,even itunes have been known to cause issues

try different ports on the PC and a few different cables. ive learned the hard way that not all USB cables are created equal ;)

if all else fails,may just try it with a different PC. alot of times when things look 100% correct,and folks cant figure out the interfering program,they are able to achieve success by using a different(preferable completely virgin) PC

its also possible that the recovery partition may simply be damaged,and nothing you do will work :(

if your phone is not booting,have you tried to run an ruu to get it booting again?

Reactions: fleshnpain
Upvote 0
do the md5s of the images match ones provided?

could be a bad image or download,or could be something is interfering with the phone.

double check md5s

make sure nothing is runing onthe PC that is capable of comunicating with the phone. htc sync,pdanet,easy tether,even itunes have been known to cause issues

try different ports on the PC and a few different cables. ive learned the hard way that not all USB cables are created equal ;)

if all else fails,may just try it with a different PC. alot of times when things look 100% correct,and folks cant figure out the interfering program,they are able to achieve success by using a different(preferable completely virgin) PC

its also possible that the recovery partition may simply be damaged,and nothing you do will work :(

if your phone is not booting,have you tried to run an ruu to get it booting again?

damn.. lol sync was running:rolleyes: and i cant find where you talked about checking/matching the md5s again but im still looking:) ill retry with all that in order and if no luck, i will try running a ruu. bootloader will boot, sometimes sticking, recovery will go to splash for exactly 10 seconds and loop back to a freeze:mad: if i simply push the power button, it freezes on splash (I let it sit like that for 46 mins and nadda:( ...thank you again Scotty, you are a shinny golden GOD:D

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
an md5 is a number that confirms a files integrity. hopefully the images you used have one listed for you to compare to.

there are lots of free md5 summers you can download to your PC,or if you use my miniadb download,you can use the directions in the original post to check the md5 with your cmd window.

Upvote 0
an md5 is a number that confirms a files integrity. hopefully the images you used have one listed for you to compare to.

there are lots of free md5 summers you can download to your PC,or if you use my miniadb download,you can use the directions in the original post to check the md5 with your cmd window.

awesome!!! yes the image for recovery came with a listing, i DO have your miniadb;) and they MATCH:D I've just installed the recovery successfully, ...but it hangs up @ the splash:( is that norm?, how long should i wait? ...would running an ruu help this? if so, could you maybe point me in the right direction with the how to?

Upvote 0
I just tried to boot recovery again, and its not hangin anymore, it goes to splash for about 3-4 seconds and then black

oooooh,it may be your recovery image is older and not compatible with your display(the inc had similar troubles) or compatible with your current partitions.

let me move your posts to the evo4g forum,and we will see if the guys there can confirm or deny one of the above. hang on a sec,and ill pm you a link...

Upvote 0
it prolly would be a good idea to run an ruu,so while we wait for some answers on the recovery,place your phone in fastboot,open a cmd window,enter the following:

fastboot getvar all

and please copy/paste the response it spits back here :) this will tell us your main version and help us figure out an ruu for you to run.

Upvote 0
it prolly would be a good idea to run an ruu,so while we wait for some answers on the recovery,place your phone in fastboot,open a cmd window,enter the following:

fastboot getvar all

and please copy/paste the response it spits back here :) this will tell us your main version and help us figure out an ruu for you to run.

AWESOME! ...will dew:D ...ill post the results on the unlocked with evo thread also.

Upvote 0
heres tha skinny...

C:\aNdRoId>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.18.0001
(bootloader) version-baseband: 2.15.00.12.19
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: 041f
(bootloader) version-main: 5.07.651.1
(bootloader) serialno: 123456789012
(bootloader) imei: 355195000000017
(bootloader) product: supersonic
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8x50
(bootloader) modelid: PC36*****
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3897mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 4b46e889
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.033s

Upvote 0
mike,just to clarify,i moved his posts here from the rezound thread,as i didnt want it to become confusing there,for the rezound crowd ;) i didnt realize that he allready had a thread in this forum. he did not deliberately start 2 threads.

i dont think the threads need merged,this info has been covered in the other as well,and may add some confusion :eek:

if you guys want,you are welcome to lock this one,or just let it slide down the page into the depths of the forum :p

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones