• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! Bricked phone without backup :(

just read this. see if it helps.

Just a note, I had an issue when using RSD lite 5.6 with my bros Atrix 2 on my PC running Win7 64bit. I kept getting an error: "Please check input file. Either XML format is wrong or image files associated with it are missing" when trying to open the zip. After struggling with it for a while I happened to find out that putting RSD lite in compatibility mode for winXP seem to solve the issue. I'm not sure how that made a difference but it did. Hopefully the newer version 5.6.4 won't have this problem next time I need it and much thanks for the link!

Upvote 0
you can do the manual method instead of using rsdlite.

download this file and unzip. moto-fastboot

unzip your 5.9.902 fxz file (or use this one) to the same location as moto-fastboot

put your phone into fastboot by press and hold the volume down and power button at the same time on the phone. The fastboot menu will appear. plug your phone into your computer.

navigate in windows to the location you have everything unzipped to. click on the file symbol in the top left corner and when the bar becomes highlighted type cmd and enter if you have win 7. A comand prompt will come up. If not go to start and type cmd and hit enter. when the prompt comes up type cd c:\location of file with moto-fastboot and fxz file unziped

type and hit enter after each step

moto-fastboot flash mbm allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin
moto-fastboot reboot-bootloader
moto-fastboot flash mbmloader mbmloader.bin
moto-fastboot flash mbm mbm.bin
moto-fastboot flash cdt.bin cdt.bin
moto-fastboot erase cache
moto-fastboot erase userdata
moto-fastboot flash lbl lbl
moto-fastboot flash ebr ebr
moto-fastboot flash mbr mbr
moto-fastboot flash devtree device_tree.bin
moto-fastboot flash system system.img
moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img
moto-fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
moto-fastboot flash cdrom cdrom
moto-fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
moto-fastboot flash webtop grfs.img
moto-fastboot flash radio radio.img
moto-fastboot reboot

you should be on 5.9.902
all your data except on your sd-ext will be erased.

Reactions: SlayersRage
Upvote 0
you can do the manual method instead of using rsdlite.

download this file and unzip. moto-fastboot

unzip your 5.9.902 fxz file (or use this one) to the same location as moto-fastboot

put your phone into fastboot by press and hold the volume down and power button at the same time on the phone. The fastboot menu will appear. plug your phone into your computer.

navigate in windows to the location you have everything unzipped to. click on the file symbol in the top left corner and when the bar becomes highlighted type cmd and enter if you have win 7. A comand prompt will come up. If not go to start and type cmd and hit enter. when the prompt comes up type cd c:\location of file with moto-fastboot and fxz file unziped

type and hit enter after each step

moto-fastboot flash mbm allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin
moto-fastboot flash mbmloader mbmloader.bin
moto-fastboot flash mbm mbm.bin
moto-fastboot flash cdt.bin cdt.bin
moto-fastboot erase cache
moto-fastboot erase userdata
moto-fastboot flash lbl lbl
moto-fastboot flash ebr ebr
moto-fastboot flash mbr mbr
moto-fastboot flash devtree device_tree.bin
moto-fastboot flash system system.img
moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img
moto-fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
moto-fastboot flash cdrom cdrom
moto-fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
moto-fastboot flash webtop grfs.img
moto-fastboot flash radio radio.img
moto-fastboot reboot

you should be on 5.9.902
all your data except on your sd-ext will be erased.
I did this but it stays on "waiting for device"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones