• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP!BRICKED

Could someone please pull the zv5 update.zip before installing it and post a link please?Or dump the /system folder?
I need it to unbrick my volt2

Ps.be careful using king root and kingo root.that's what did it for me

How would we install it without a custom recovery? Via adb??
adb....ive used dd with good results b4.but im hoping it compiles into a tot or kdz file so it can be flashed via update mode...anyways its something to do..im short on ram though.if anyone here has a super pc with plenty ram/cpu,n theyre down to do it id b more than willing to help them setup the environment to compile from src

Will it flash as a tot or kdz? What's the command? Would it have to be named update.zip?

I don't have a pc :/ mine boots but check out my post under root lmk if you can help lol

usually the original firmware for lg has a .tot or. kdz file extension.then it has to be loaded onto the phome with lg flash tool or something similar.im hoping that the finished product is in that format,cuz itll make it easy to load it onto the phone

If you installed an update after rooting, you need to flash the stock ROM.

glc;
same thing happened to me after I installed the sume, after king root... I'm now stuck on the boost screen.. (I believe we call that a brick) LOL. I haven't messed with this much lately as I had a great phone prior and haven't needed to. And the techno has changed a bit. To say the least I have read everything .... I'm putting in the effort but can't figure it out.
Can you or someone PLZ give me a simple step by step. to get my phone back to stock. I would be greatfull. I'm not even sure where to find the stock stuff.
LG Volt 2

So Very Very appreciative. And I am Happy to pay to learn..

KK

I installed it after rooting with king root said it updated bins and replaced kingroot with supersume and said to restart then got stuck on the lg logo screen

Jonathan;
you might have caught my post, but here goes. I did the same thing. Had any luck unbricking ? I have read a bunch but can't figure it out. Simple help greatly appreciated

KK

no luck.but if anyone has working rooted volt 2 thats all thats needed.

so far im failing at compiling the factory firmware from source.if anyone else wants to try......?

thats the factory kernel i compiled from the lg source from their site.hopefully that helps someone.the stock rom is proving harder to build.lg left out files and the documentation is sparse.i'll keep trying.in the mean time if anyone could copy an image from a forking phone that would help out greatly

Attachments

how about doing dd from download mode using send_command? i could use a system dump to unbrick my device. if you guys need any other partition, just ask me.

Jonathan;
you might have caught my post, but here goes. I did the same thing. Had any luck unbricking ? I have read a bunch but can't figure it out. Simple help greatly appreciated

KK

I ended up sending mine into lg I couldn't get very much help looks like there is some progress now help wise sorry idk I had a comment on here my email doesn't always work correctly so I was unnware of this I hope you figure something out

lol, i give up.
First, 3 weeks ago, i dropped a metal flashlight on the phone, smashing the screen.
Ok, still usable, but then I made the mistake of replacing the build.prop file that got changed with
some software i installed, it changed the resolution of my screen. So i replaced it with the original one I backed up, bang, the phone wont boot up now. Just turns on and stays on the lg screen. Tried everything I could dig up.
I'm gettin a new phone. lol
~later

I might buy a new Volt 2,
I am even thinking of the LG G Stylo. I kinda like it.
in fact, i almost just bought it an hour ago, but figured I better
read about it first.

I was at Best Buy, no Volt 2's, and the LG G Stylo has Marshmallow 6.0

But I just read that you cannot ROOT the LG G Stylo with Marshmallow 6.0 boost mobile
Without BRICKING THE PHONE COMPLETELY.

Any insights?

Back
Top Bottom