• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help!!!!!!!! Can't Get SPRecovery to load

Ninthwonder

I can't get it to load and I have tried removing battery and what not... and it won't do anything past where it states its dumping system.tar

is there anything I can do?

Do you mean you can't get it to do a nandroid, or ?

State the steps you are taking and what happens.

ok... i tried to flash sholes 2.04RC and when doing so my phone would not get past dumping system.tar so I decided to power off and attempt a nandroid back up... I went through those steps.. hold x and power button to load it... it started to load sprecovery, gave me the "welcome to sprecovery screen. It backed upi before installing, attempted Nandroid backup and then went to dumping system.tar and it won't load past that part. have had it on for about 45 minutes and it has yet to move any...

Ok I got it... finally just removed my SD card and loaded it up that way... couldn't find anything to read so just rebooted it and it loaded... re-installed SD card and loaded fine.

Interesting...you might want to check your SD card for file system issues. Glad you worked it out.

i just went ahead and reformated the card and did aa system wipe back to factory settings. more then likely it was operator error but i figured i might as well be safe and just start all over. i am still unsure of what caused it tho, but just glad and fortunate i got my phone working again. still not enough to scare me away from root tho, love it to much.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom