• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help! Download and Use recovery Stock

ChadizRad

Lurker
I've been trying to root my zte zmax by using kingroot. I got the green check mark so I the proceeded to use TWRP and that's when things started going downhill...

At first TWRP would not install SuperSU, then I download a SuperUser zip file, flashed it (by using Flashify app), then everything seemed to going in the right direction but..... I didn't know at this exact moment but I know now I made a FATAL mistake. AFTER i rooted my zte, then I decided, "hey I better backup everything" so I did.

Now after I backed everything I proceeded to download busybox from Google play store. Tried to install it but, the installation was unsuccessfull.. Why?? Issues with the su binary.

Now, no matter what I tried, I could not update the su binary for the life of me!

So after hours of banging my head up against the wall I said **** IT! Time to do a factory resest, so I did.

After my phone booted back up, SuperUser is now a system app and my device is still rooted!! And I'm like WT****inF. (This is because I didn't backup my device until after I flashed the SuperSu zip)

Because SuperUser is now a system app I cant uninstall it. I tried manually removing the su files from bin/xbin, that didn't work!!

The only option I see myself having is downloading recovery stock and going from there. That where you guys come in... I want my phone back to how it was in the beginning, please help and thanks in advanced!!!!

Back
Top Bottom