• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help! galaxy s2 wont start

# I can't get to recovery or download mode because my home button does not work
# Won't connect to Kies. It says "This device is not supported by Kies 2.0". It used to connect
# I get stuck on the logo (AT&T) screen. Please help.

{Assuming that you've already tried taking out your battery and holding down the power button for 10-15 seconds before replacing the battery and turning the phone on}
Try this:

Simultaneously hold down the Volume UP button and the Power button for about 5 seconds.

This should force a soft reset; no data wiped or deleted.

What version is your firmware? If you've got version Android 4.3 or higher you need Kies 3 which you can get HERE.

Have you upgraded you phones OS since you last tried to use Kies maybe?

Upvote 0
2014.jpg

cannot power on ...cant hard reset ... cannot use odin flash (COM no detect )

power on only show that ....how ?

Odin mode also cannot ....just show that phone to> ! PC

Upvote 0
cannot power on ...cant hard reset ... cannot use odin flash (COM no detect )

Hello and welcome to Android Forums saber0102! :)

Sorry to learn that you are having problems with your Galaxy S2.

Unfortunately, if you, "cannot power on", your device there is very little that can be done for it except a visit to a Samsung Service Point as all other options, Download mode, Recovery mode, Factory reset, all require a device that can be turned on I'm afraid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones