• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [HELP] How do I get rid of the Power Toggles

DjSidEShoW

Toggles.jpg

Can someone tell me what I have to do to get rid of the power toggles from the drop down menu?

I'm using a more customizable app called quick settings and I would like the space to be empty.

i've erased the .png files from systumui.apk, but the toggles still work and are just blank, taking up space. they are really just an eyesore and I'd like to get rid of them.

i've looked at systemui.apk with notepad++ but it looks like it's written in chinese. i'm pretty sure theirs a .xml file to tweak but I just can't seem to find it.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-SidEShoW

View attachment 57898

Can someone tell me what I have to do to get rid of the power toggles from the drop down menu?

I'm using a more customizable app called quick settings and I would like the space to be empty.

i've erased the .png files from systumui.apk, but the toggles still work and are just blank, taking up space. they are really just an eyesore and I'd like to get rid of them.

i've looked at systemui.apk with notepad++ but it looks like it's written in chinese. i'm pretty sure theirs a .xml file to tweak but I just can't seem to find it.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-SidEShoW

Well I don't know how to change that but you can try anttek app in the Google play

I like 4shared file "AntTek Quick Settings Pro v1.5 apkmania.com.apk" - http://www.4shared.com/android/V1mqoFX7/AntTek_Quick_Settings_Pro_v15_.html here is the pro app

Well I don't know how to change that but you can try anttek app in the Google play

I like 4shared file "AntTek Quick Settings Pro v1.5 apkmania.com.apk" - http://www.4shared.com/android/V1mqoFX7/AntTek_Quick_Settings_Pro_v15_.html here is the pro app

I appreciate it, but I already use Mappz quick settings. I am a tester so I got the new beta that was tested and works great on our Avid's (and of course I got pro for free). It's better than AntTek in my opinion.
Also, he is making a similar app that is a pull down menu that holds widgets, called Mappz quick widgets. It's in alpha right now but from the looks of it, it going to save me a lot of space on my screen's.

I appreciate it, but I already use Mappz quick settings. I am a tester so I got the new beta that was tested and works great on our Avid's (and of course I got pro for free). It's better than AntTek in my opinion.
Also, he is making a similar app that is a pull down menu that holds widgets, called Mappz quick widgets. It's in alpha right now but from the looks of it, it going to save me a lot of space on my screen's.

Well i change the icons

Attachments

• 1374269372754.jpg
    1374269372754.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 107
So did i:

u2uba3eb.jpg

also, i found an .xml file when i decompiled systemui.apk called "notification power toggles" or something close to that name. But I can't figure out what to change in it. I tried erasing it all together, but it just made the systemui.apk to FC.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374271338272.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374271338272.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 132
So did i:

u2uba3eb.jpg

also, i found an .xml file when i decompiled systemui.apk called "notification power toggles" or something close to that name. But I can't figure out what to change in it. I tried erasing it all together, but it just made the systemui.apk to FC.

New change I still looking to change the toggles

Attachments

• 1374294072879.jpg
    1374294072879.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 96
This is what I'm Working with, I have a gesture setting set for when I swipe down the top right part of my status bar, this slides down. So you can see why I don't want those power toggles anymore.

mebemy9y.jpg

What app is that?

"Mappz Quick Settings"

Get it here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073276

I'm a tester for this app so I have the pro version, and on top of that it was tested and fine tuned on this phone. So, you know it will work well on an Avid.

I'm in the process of testing another app just like this one, but, it will be a pull down menu for widgets.(it's in it's alpha stage now, but, it should be available soon)

"Mappz Quick Settings"

Get it here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073276

I'm a tester for this app so I have the pro version, and on top of that it was tested and fine tuned on this phone. So, you know it will work well on an Avid.

I'm in the process of testing another app just like this one, but, it will be a pull down menu for widgets.(it's in it's alpha stage now, but, it should be available soon)

I was looking for that but never find that thanks

i think might of found how to get rid of the toggles just cant seem to get it to compile back together. if you look under the status_bar_powercontrol.xml you will see the buttons for wifi,bluetooth,etc..with their values.....theirs even a few extras that have a value of gone so i tried that with rest of them and cant seem to get to compile back together.

i think might of found how to get rid of the toggles just cant seem to get it to compile back together. if you look under the status_bar_powercontrol.xml you will see the buttons for wifi,bluetooth,etc..with their values.....theirs even a few extras that have a value of gone so i tried that with rest of them and cant seem to get to compile back together.

Where is that .xml file, I found it once but I can't find it now

That's the same problem I was having
:banghead:

I changed the values to 0 and tested nothing happened. Systemui fc again.... I'll keep digging. But as of right now ingot now no clue. Theirs tons of mods to add more. But nothing to remove it, might have to try and compare xml files from one of the mods and see if anything catches your eye. Worth a shot. N e ways

Keep this thread going, guys. I've been looking all night for a solution, myself.

Limited programming knowledge over here. *chuckles*

Back
Top Bottom