• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [HELP] How to disable/remove/edit the stock lockscreen permanently ??

ravinOrion

Hi Devs...

The stock A75 LockScreen has been getting on my nerves lately as it cant be edited for transparent background or editing its elements..

Tried other apps like NoLock, ScreenTools, iphonelock and few more but whenever these apps fail, the stock lockscreen grins..
( i have rooted stock ROM installed )

I'm not talking here about OVERRIDING the stock lock with some app... but i'm talking about permanently getting rid of it...

Can anyone please spare their valuable time for the issue in question...!!

Thanks n love..

Cheers... :)

Hi Devs...

The stock A75 LockScreen has been getting on my nerves lately as it cant be edited for transparent background or editing its elements..

Tried other apps like NoLock, ScreenTools, iphonelock and few more but whenever these apps fail, the stock lockscreen grins..
( i have rooted stock ROM installed )

I'm not talking here about OVERRIDING the stock lock with some app... but i'm talking about permanently getting rid of it...

Can anyone please spare their valuable time for the issue in question...!!

Thanks n love..

Cheers... :)

Open the file manager which have root access then go to home and then go to system and at the end you will find a file name build.prop copy and it and keep it safe if something go wrong then you can replace this backup with the changed build.prop so keep a copy of it and then again come back to the file and long press on it and select permission and check all the boxes then opne it with text editor and search the line curlockscreen=102, change it to curlockscreen=2, #curlockscreen=102 or 2 and then save the file. Reboot your phone you will have a default Gingerbread lockscreen(horizontal silider lockscreen) or a Smasung upward slider.

Open the file manager which have root access then go to home and then go to system and at the end you will find a file name build.prop copy and it and keep it safe if something go wrong then you can replace this backup with the changed build.prop so keep a copy of it and then again come back to the file and long press on it and select permission and check all the boxes then opne it with text editor and search the line curlockscreen=102, change it to curlockscreen=2, #curlockscreen=102 or 2 and then save the file. Reboot your phone you will have a default Gingerbread lockscreen(horizontal silider lockscreen) or a Smasung upward slider.
Hey thanks for this great tutorial...

With the "curlockscreen=2" my phone went through bootloops... good lord i had taken the backup before changing the values so I could revert back to where I was previously...

Instead.... i changed the values to... "curlockscreen=no"... and i got the froyo lockscreen...

Although, the froyo lockscreen is better to be hindered than the stock one...

So I installed "nolockscreen" + "antilock" together to get what i needed... but still that froyo screen appears sometimes... well thats once in 100 unlocks... so I'm good...

Isn't there any method to remove the inbuilt lockscreen completely.... ???

Back
Top Bottom