• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! How to remove microSD card??

jeffdlb

Android Enthusiast
How do I remove the microSD card from the slot? The manual says to lift up the cover first. I assume the cover is that metal piece, but can't get a fingernail under it or find another way to lift it up. I am afraid to break something.

Pushing in the card did not make it pop out. However, I figured it out: there is a piece of plastic behind the SD card and on top of the SIM card. That plastic tilts up, and then you can pull out the SIM card. The metal piece that I thought might be a hinge does not move.

yeah its kind of tucked in there with the GSM card for it....

a little tricky but once you get it, you have one of those :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Looks to your face

Pushing in the card did not make it pop out. However, I figured it out: there is a piece of plastic behind the SD card and on top of the SIM card. That plastic tilts up, and then you can pull out the SIM card. The metal piece that I thought might be a hinge does not move.

LOL...Don't worry, you're not in that boat alone of trying to figure out what part they're referring to that you actually have to "lift up." I'm usually over cautious with things, so when I first got the phone...I was inspecting every little element. I lifted up the plastic tab, not realizing that it was the part that was mentioned in the manual that should be lifted up to insert or remove the SD. Even though I'm a big believer in RTFM first, I find it so funny sometimes because the manual always seems to "over complicate" things and make them seem like they're much more detail oriented than they really are.

Glad you figured it out.

Yeah, the manual says to lift the cover but it's not a cover! It's more of a gap-filler behind the card, not above it.

It's annoying, isn't it? I read the manual before installing my microSD card, but I was still confused after I popped off the back of the phone. I felt like an idiot, because I couldn't figure what "door" they were talking about. The rubbery thing didn't seem like a "door" to me, but that is what they meant.

At one point, I lifted the flap and tried sliding the microSD card in, but for some bizarre reason, it wouldn't go into its slot. Not sure what I was doing, I released the flap and simply slid the microSD card in with the flap down. I hope I didn't damage anything when I slid it in at that slight angle. The microSD card works fine, so I guess I didn't.

Did someone else put the microSD card in there for you? (My Photon came without one installed.)

It's annoying, isn't it? I read the manual before installing my microSD card, but I was still confused after I popped off the back of the phone. I felt like an idiot, because I couldn't figure what "door" they were talking about. The rubbery thing didn't seem like a "door" to me, but that is what they meant.

At one point, I lifted the flap and tried sliding the microSD card in, but for some bizarre reason, it wouldn't go into its slot. Not sure what I was doing, I released the flap and simply slid the microSD card in with the flap down. I hope I didn't damage anything when I slid it in at that slight angle. The microSD card works fine, so I guess I didn't.

Did someone else put the microSD card in there for you? (My Photon came without one installed.)

Haha...you should be fine. I think that rubber flap is only there to prevent the microSD from sliding out (not that it really would). I did the same thing as you, when I first got my Photon and put the microSD in.

All Photons came without a microSD. Seems like a standard for Motorola phones because majority of them have had internal storage (from what I recall of all the Verizon phones, prior to Sprint finally making a Motorola Android superphone).

Back