• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help, I think I messed something up on my phone

musikat

As of yesterday evening my phone was working great. I guess I learned my lesson: don't mess with success. With days of tweaking and following advice found on these forums I had gotten my battery on track to do about 18+ hours yesterday and everything was running smoothly. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to follow the idea of the *#* number code to make sure the CDMA code was properly running. It wasn't, according to that, so I reset it. Shortly after that my time without service shot up to 99-100%! And my phone started running hotter than it had been.

So I tried several things to see if it would fix itself (changing to Sprint only network, updating the prl and profile again, etc.) but nothing changed. The BEST I got was 50-60 TWS. So I thought I would do a hard reset and start over from scratch.

I did that today (in the process losing a bunch of data and settings I thought I had backed up!) only to still have the same problem. I have NOT tried running that number program again but everything else is just the same as it was before I did that and the phone is running warm still (30-45C). Something is just not right.

So I checked out spare parts and under network usage the top bar says the number 0 and is all the way filled. Unlike the rest of the bars, if I try to click on it for more info I get this message: "Sorry. The application settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again."

Help!

If all the problems started after changing the preferred network type, go and change it back.

*#*#4636#*#*
then phone information
scroll down and make sure it's set to CDMA auto (PRL)

see if that helps any.

I believe 0 at 100% is what everyone gets that just means that 0 is the only thing using network time it doesn't mean it it using 100% battery time.
I also get fc's when i click on 0.

Thanks! That is good to know. It seems much better today. I had a TWS down to 9% at one point today. :) The only thing that is different from before still is it is running warmer but I don't anything running that would cause that so all in all I am relieved.

Back
Top Bottom