• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help! I'm in a very weird situation.

razor225

OK,i created the thread here because some things on the post are root related,such as TWRP and CM(sorry if it is on the wrong section:)).

Well,i decided to flash CM 12.1 on my h342f (made a backup of stock first and checked if it worked).After testing the rom (performed great,but i really need the camera) i decided to go back to stock for the time being.Ironically, the backup that worked flawlessly before, now threw me in a hard reset loop(phone boots, gets stuck on lg logo,goes to hard reset menu and keeps repeating these same steps as long as the battery can hold it).
Tried to use kdz and flash the stock h342f_10a file:same hard reset loop.:(
Strangely,the h34510e file worked!:eek:.But there were bugs,such as sound cutting off and not recognizing my sim card.
Now, i don't think i'm flashing it in the wrong way,since h345 rom worked.But how does my phone accept other variant's roms and bootloop with it's own?:confused:
I Would appreciate some help here,got no ideas about what to do now.:D

Hmm...
You're using Lg Flash Tool, right?
I think you need to click on "cse flash", not on "normal flash" when flashing stock rom.

Yes,I'm using it,Thanks for the advice:).Tried cse flash,but it's still bootlooping after flashing.The phone seems to keep repeating the last step that is issued by flashtool,because the first time i flashed h345, it rebooted to download mode and kept doing that.

Found the problem: the system.img inside the h342f kdz has almost 3GB!:eek:And leon's system partition has only 2.26GB as total.That's the reason why h345's kdz worked,it has a smaller system.img,so it fits system partition.Just What was lg thinking when they decided they could fit a 2.9GB file in a 2.26Gb partition?:D
Now i just need to find a way to reduce its size and make a stock flashable zip.

Found the problem: the system.img inside the h342f kdz has almost 3GB!:eek:And leon's system partition has only 2.26GB as total.That's the reason why h345's kdz worked,it has a smaller system.img,so it fits system partition.Just What was lg thinking when they decided they could fit a 2.9GB file in a 2.26Gb partition?:D
Now i just need to find a way to reduce its size and make a stock flashable zip.
Interesting.

Ok, found a way to extract the kdz file, then cleaned the system.img on linux and rebuilt it as a ext4 image.
But i can't flash the zip of the .img file on twrp(i don't know how to create a updater script to command twrp to flash system.img:(). So i'm triyng to flash it via fastboot, but as it seems, the phone skips right to download mode. Is there a way to enter fastboot mode on lg leon?if not, how can i set up a updater script to flash system.img?

Thanks in advance!

Hello i understand your problem because i had a some one weeks ago. How did i solve it? Well i use dd method . First of all you need the partitions.txt from someone who has a phone like yours This is how to get the partitions.txt file

Code:
adb shell

Code:
su

Code:
cd /dev/block/platform/soc.0/by-name

Code:
ls -l
This file is at /sdcard/
after you have this file (Check this site who partitinions.txt looks like https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdoh8dpmiprk7sq/partitions.txt?dl=0#) you have to replace some files. You have to use this guide then http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2600575 to unpack your kdz and create some files. Create a new folder anywhere on your computer put the extracted files from .kdz file and then search this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3049772 about downloading the packed for rooting.Yes i know it's for rooting but we will need the send_command.exe. Don't forget to put the files from rooting method with the files from extracked .kdz! After you have the files press shift + right click and find "open a command windows .... " then use the example command.

Example:

Code:
dd if=/system.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p37
If you need more info or a clean guide tell me I will do my best to help you :)

P.S : about the bootloader mode(fastboot) my phone never booted into fastboot. did it once, actually but when i really hard brick it :p

Last edited:
well,tried it, but after inserting the "dd if=/system.img" command(changed the phone path to /dev/block/mmcblk0p35, which is my system partition location),it doesn't show anything related to "sending something somewhere:D" only a new line to insert another command, so i don't know if it is sending the data to phone or not.:(But thanks for the help.:)
Edit: Oh and i checked if the phone was connected at the correct COM port(20) and made sure the program connected to it.
And i have a question: do i need to be on download mode,recovery or android?(i highly doubt that last one).

Last edited:
Your phone should be on Download Mode. I think this is what is really should happen. I did it once, my phone didn't even show something but after i try Flashtool again it worked like charm. I actually didn't understand your problem. Try my guide http://androidforums.com/threads/unbrick-guide-to-turn-back-to-stock.946481/ and check it if it working. But try another firmwares. E.X I'm from Greece, i can add any Europian firmware or the Europe-Open one and my phone will work.

yup, strangely, the only firmware that works on my phone is the 5.1 version from t-mobile, but sim card,camera and sound doesn't work,so the phone is pretty much a paperweight:).I think i will send it to repair, since the stock h342f rom i flashed has no root at all.
Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom