• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Help me make my actioncam a webcam

I have an amba-based actioncam whose name I won't mention because google shouldn't connect it to this page. I found out how to use it as a webcam:
  1. Connect to the camera via wifi of your phone.
  2. Start the phone app
  3. Connect to your camera
  4. Once the image shows, quit the app
  5. Connect with your computer's external wifi adapter(router doesn't work so easily) to the camera
  6. Enter rtsp://192.168.42.1/live in splitcam
  7. Use the stream - in skype etc.
I want to skip 1. to 4. which are necessary, because the camera does not immediately send the stream only after the app does something to it. The camera support was of no help, they even said that streaming to the computer was impossible, so I downloaded the apk and disassembled it. I see how the app connects in the source code, but I cannot see, which commands it sends beforehand, which I would have to emulate in software on my computer. Can you have a look at the attached source code and tell me?

You can find the disassembled file here. (Virustotal scan)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones