• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help me pick my 1st ROM!

I'm a newbie and longtime lurker who is just getting into the game. I don't need a bunch of bells and whistles, just want a newer ROM that is fast, somewhat customizable, and conserves battery power, any suggestions? Thanks guys!

You could try any of them. I'd recommend Myn's Warm 2.2 as a starter, Mik3D is nice, though it has the bells and whistles, or CM7 if your into aosp or wanna try something without sense.

All links can be found in the Roms and Kernels page.

MikG.
Blend of new sense 2.1 and 3.0. Very stable, and with either golden monkey or one of the freedom kernels, it rocks. As with any kernel you need to try different versions out on your phone. All kernels react differently on different phones. Just have to try them out one at a time until you get the best combo.
Start there, you won't regret it. :)

Im running Mik3d B1 and Goldenmonkey, I love it. As everyone has stated, with kernels it really comes down to the phone and the kernel. Its a trial by error game.

MikG if you want to stick with a Sense rom. Cm7 our deck's rom if you want to check out aosp. That means it doesn't utilize htc sense or any of its widgets.

1. if you're not running Amon RA as your recovery, i would switch to it...
it can be found HERE. don't forget to rename it to PC36IMG and flash it via hboot.
2. i use VR Superwipe, found HERE.
3. i would recommend MikG 2.5, found HERE.
4. download the 2.51 (with kernel) and 2.52 patches also.
5. place 2, 3 and 4 on your sd card.
6. perform a nandroid with Amon RA.
7. wipe data, cache and dalvik-cache ( i wipe 3 times )
8. flash VR Superwipe ( i flash 3 times )
9. flash MikG 2.5
10. flash 2.51 patch
11. flash 2.52 patch
* i flashed the rom and the 2 patches in the same recovery without any issues
12. reboot

Followed theses steps down to a TEE, works for about 10mins and then come the FC's, I'm done with the Mik Roms, anyone suggest anything else comparible? Something somewhat fast and conservative on power? Thanks!

Did you try 2.5 or Mik3d?

I think you mentioned it in another thread but its getting late and my memories foggy.

If you don't want mikG I'd Suggest one of King's ROMs or go with ASOP CM7 or salvagemod.

Personally I prefer sense ROMs

You're gonna get a ton of different answers. I've switched around from stock (rooted) to myn's warm, to warm Z, to CM6, CM7, Evio 2, Synergy, a few others I can't think of at the moment and I flashed Evio 3 today. warm 2.2 and CM6 were the most solid for me, currently Evio 3 is looking pretty good so far, very fast and customizable.

Back
Top Bottom