• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help me please ;(

JoeBlows

I rooted my phone and installed beats audio driver uninstalled it later and then did a factory reset. I have a rom and the clockwork recovery but I have no clue on how to use it will someone please make a video or explain it because the videos I have watched do not help if someone will please help me that would be great

Boot into recovery
Wipe data factory reset
Wipe cache
Go to advanced, wipe dalvik cache
Go back
Install zip from sd card
Choose your rom install zip file.

I am assuming you want to install a rom to replace the rom you are running now.

U can use backul and restore to save ur current stste of rom and resotre it. No limit except by space as to how many u can have.

When flashing new roms always wipe the three above.

When installing boot animations or gaaps or somthing else do the same process for rom install except skip the wipe data factory reset option.

If u are installing a rom of the same version ontop of one u already have installed a data wipe is not rewuired but is recomended.
Cache should always be wiped.
When restoring a backup of a diffrent rom version, wipe data and caches.

Depends on the phone
Go to xda forums and search ur device.
Then go to android development for that device
Then find the cwm or twrp thread for thst device
Follow the directions posted.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/95xszlimg4ojbhz/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_v1_5_16_0.exe
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbj7ackz5tqfgdw/Odin3_v3.04.zip

2) Open the 'Odin3 v3.04.exe' file
3) Install samsung drivers
4) Put phone in download mode by powering off and holding volume up + volume down while plugging the phone into the computer
5) You should now see the first square in Odin turn yellow and say "Ready"
6) Click on the pda tab in Odin and select the recovery.tar.md5 you downloaded
7) Click start and wait for your phone to reboot
8) Done!

Or, but not recomended use this in termenal emulator on ur phone.

Type what is inside quotes in termenal emulator but not the quotes. <root required>

<dictates an action>

In this command your recovery must be an img file and not a tar as with oden and must be called "recovery.img" and must be on the root of the sd card.

"su"
<press enter>
"dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15"
<press enter>

This PARTITION only for ring/rush/reverb/prevail2 DO NOT FLASH ON DIFFERENT DEVICE YOU WILL BRICK

If they let the phone boot, before booting into cwm it will be overwritten by the stock recovery.

Uncheck the reboot option. Pull the battery, replace the battery, hold vol UP + power until you see cwm. You can now install a rom and recovery your device

If they let the phone boot, before booting into cwm it will be overwritten by the stock recovery.

Uncheck the reboot option. Pull the battery, replace the battery, hold vol UP + power until you see cwm. You can now install a rom and recovery your device

Thankyou
I have never worked with the prevail 2, just the precedent, the centura, the note ii, the htc evo, the samsung epic, the htc rezound, the htc nspire, the htc incredible 2, the galaxy tab 7 inch,and the samsung galaxy s1-s4

Where do I find a rom for my phone or can you direct me in one I dont wanna pay my bill until it gets fixed because I cant talk hear listen to music or anything...

My phone is still doing the same thing...I hate rooting and everything else that can mess up a phone...This sucks...

If you flashed the stock rom and still have this issue, it may simply be hardware failure... That zip will remove anything you flashed

How do I know if the flashing worked all it said was "installing zip" "zip installed" Then it put my phone into safe mode

How do I know if the flashing worked all it said was "installing zip" "zip installed" Then it put my phone into safe mode

Your phone should not have gone into safe mode. (but the text suggests you were successful)

try installing the rom, then performing a factory reset

1.Boot into recovery [must be a custum recovery like twrp or cwm]
2.Wipe data/factory reset
3.Wipe cache
4.Advanced/wipe dalvik
5.Press back
6.Install zip from sd card
7.Reboot device

When installing kernels or gaaps or play station certificates to enable psm or boot animations, do the above except step 2.

Back
Top Bottom