• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Modding my phone

blaaze

can somebody give me a thorough in depth guide to rooting and installing a custom rom on the micromax a60??

i just got the phone and i'm really keen on testing new mods on it but i'm really a noob on the android front...

any help would be appreciated.

all guides i found hee and on the xda forums are really confusing...

a step by step guide would be very helpful for me and other users like me who are new to this.

thanx in advance.

i think i've already rooted my phone successfully...
i used the universal androot app and folled the steps mentioned.
now i can set superuser pemissions.

what next?
i really need to be able to install apps to my sd card. cuz my phone is already running low in free space.

i think i've already rooted my phone successfully...
i used the universal androot app and folled the steps mentioned.
now i can set superuser pemissions.

what next?
i really need to be able to install apps to my sd card. cuz my phone is already running low in free space.

First partition ur sd card.
Note: partitioning ur sd card will erase all data on sd card so do copy all contents on ur PC as backup.
Then install link2sd from market and create mount scripts compatible for ur phone then reboot and now U can link all ur apps to sd card
If the above method seems to complicated then use move 2 sd enabler app from market. But I recommend first method.

thanx a bunch... all things working like a charm now :D

now how about a custom rom?
i downloaded 3 from XDA forums...
but installation instructions are a bit vague and lead to other topics and posts that seem very confusing.

totally confused with the recovery part...
how do i use a custom recovery?
please give detailed steps and links

thanks

Back
Top Bottom