• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help needed from newby to fit a 16gb sd card to my X10 mini pro

Hi , just need a bit of info on how to go about swapping the standard 2gb card for a 16 gb on , i can fit it o.k but where what and how do i go about swapping any files already stored on the 2gb , the instructions seem a little lacking in 'important info for idiots ' :)
thanks in anticipation

o.k i managed to sort this one out for myself, i connected the phone to my p.c the 2gb sd card on the phone showed up as drive F, i opened a new file onto my desktop, i then selected 'all' from the edit menu of the F drive folder and clicked copy, i then pasted into the open new file on my desktop which i named phonecard. i then plugged the new 16gb sd into its holder and into the p.c , i opened this up from my computer and selected the contents of the phonecard folder and pasted them into the 16gb sd card. i now have a back up on my p.c called phonecard which i can refer back to if needs be. i then turned off the phone ,removed the 2gb card and replaced it with the 16gb card, switched on and blow me it works . Dont know why i didnt think of this earlier, i somehow thought it would involve some kind of technical genius , why sony ericsson cant put it into the manual somewhere i dont know , hopefully this helps anyone else stumbling about in the dark as i was .

Back
Top Bottom