• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help out former Palm user with Calendar

Hello Fellas.
I'm new to Android, and really really impressed with it's capabilities:)
I'm using 2.1 version.
I'm a fomer palm user, i've been using palms for many years, and most important thing for me - is a suitable calendar that is carefully set up.
And this is something I was unable to do on my android yet.
I've been using Agendus program on my 10 year old palm, here how it looks:
agendus.jpg

The most important thing for me - is colors. I really must have them. For instance all my lectures are red, all my work is blue, any seldom meeding like doctor appointment is orange - so that I can immediately recognize it among all rest meetings... Anyway, you get the Idea.
I would gladly buy agendus , but it doesn't exist for Android :-(
I've been googling around a lot trying to solve this problem, but with no results so far. I've tried different settings in the existing calendar, Itried Jorte Calendar, tried Gemini calendar, and others, but with no results.

Please, does anybody have any solution for this problem????

CalenGoo has colors, it pulls them from whatever you have set up on your Google Calendar (online). It's not a free calendar but I really like it.

But can Calengoo or any other Android Calendar support individually colored events that are now supported in Google Calendar?

Color code your Google Calendar events - Official Gmail Blog

I don't see these colors represented (so far) in the official calendar API.

I also don't see this color information encoded in the Google Calendar "ICS" export. I.e. I think that if you color-coded an appointment, exported it in ICS, deleted it, then re-imported it into ICS the coloring would not be recovered.

junglemike, have you tried Business Calendar Free/Business Calendar? I use it and I have 4 calendars on my Gmail account (including US Holidays) and the colors I assign to my Gmail calendars through the browser are identical to what they appear at on my android phone through Business Calendar (after assigning which calendars to sync with on settings, including your local android phone calendar). When I create an event, I can assign which calendar to assign the event to (you can assign a particular default calendar to begin with then change that selection when creating the event) and the event retains that particular calendar's color. I hope this helps.

Jorte might be the way to go. I've seen it recommended to (and by) other ex Palm users

Back
Top Bottom