• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help please cant install any apps,reboots when i try

I have the huawei acend m860 rooted and have cm7 with moded kernal from the playfulgod and.the monster #2... i used the app that came with this rom called apps2sd and I porptioned the SD card and it worked fine for like three weeks then one day I went to check my storeage percent. In that portioned part threw the app itself. And all the storage. Parts were blank and didn't show the amount. So I just rebooted my phone and when it came back on my wigets were. Gone. And so I looked in at the apps in my filemanager and they were grayed out wit a plain icon.so I found some apps that were on my sdcard and try to install one of them witch was rommanager and my phone Judy's rebooted to the cm7 logo of the. The android Guy riding a skateboard .....I would just go back to a nanroid BAck up but I can't Sence rommanager is one of those grayed out apps..I've used file manager to look in my SD ext and it says there's no apps there. But when I check it in settings in storage its says I have 190mb left ....please help if possable......................thNks

I've tryed every thing to get into fastboot and car and no luck I'm stuck with no nnplay store or any way to install an app.I can download any thing but just can't install

Ok I've messed around with it some more and I found out that I'm able to install apps.but they have to be small like I still had z4root app on my sdcard which is only 0.93mb.. so I tryed to install it and it installed without any reboot.so I got happy but for no reason lol. So I tryed to install rommanager which I also have on my SD but not installed and is only 2.19mb I tryed to install it and my phone rebooted ......?why is it I can install small apps and not bigger apps? I have plenty of space..I have 32mb of used ram and38mb of free ram........SD I have used 1.3g and 279mb free and on my internal storage says I have 78mb used and 111mb free .....my mod Verizon is cm7.2-acend-09132011. And my kernal is. 2.6.29-perf playfulgod@the-monster#2. Please help and thanks in advance

Sounds like your sd card took a dump. You could try to download a program called Recuva to your computer, then plug in your sd card to try to retrieve your files. There's no guarantee it will save them though. Sounds to me like your sd card is bad, or is going bad.

I put a new SD card in my phone and I still had the same problem.I've downloaded new apps on the new SD card but still rebooted when I tryed to install any of them.thanks for the reply and please try to keep more ideas coming to me and here's my email....joetrejo95@yahoo or text 8155288937 thanks

I couldnt move any apps to the sd because there were all in my system/app and it wont let me move it without a root broswer.........but i fixed my phone!!!!!!!this is how i managed to get my phone back to installing app agian.....i was thinking about how i can only install small apps so i decided to look for the app that was on my phone before it was grayed out and didnt exist and it was the dark tremor app2sdgui so i installed that on my new sd card,i took the old one out and im not useing it ever agian.so i have the app2sd app on my new card and was able to install it.theni went and rebuilt my cache and moved it to my internal memory.after my phone got done rebooting i downloaded rom manager.apk 3005 and installed that and it worked then i just downloaded cm7 and gapps agian flashed clockworkmod and installed the new version of cm7 and now my kernal is icarus and i havent had any problems installing any apps so far...i got my phone back.................!!!!!!!!!!!i just hope that thisd can help anyone with this problem in the future and i want to say thanks for all the help everyone ........thanks agian

Back
Top Bottom