• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help , please...desperate

you have to have if you setup a biometrics(fingerprint).

Well, I did set one up and wrote it in my password book, but it doesn't work. I didn't realise it was a "lockscreen password" --- it's not a Samsung password nor a Google password. Is it necessary to press my fingerprint when I type the password? I've tried it with and without, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Upvote 0
I never set up a lockscreen password, that I know! So it is either Google or Samsung, but I have tried both of those.
Except that you had biometrics on, and I've never met a phone that allows biometrics without setting either a lockscreen PIN or a lockscreen password. That's one of the strange things about your situation. And once you have enabled biometrics it asks for the password every now and then.

The simplest explanation for it not working is that what you wrote isn't what you entered. That may sound daft, but since they generally don't display passwords when you enter them it's possible: if for some reason you missed the same key on both attempts (hitting a neighbouring key) you could get a password accepted that isn't what it should be. A screen calibration issue would increase the odds of this, but also the odds of making the same error when you try to re-enter it!

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Except that you had biometrics on, and I've never met a phone that allows biometrics without setting either a lockscreen PIN or a lockscreen password. That's one of the strange things about your situation. And once you have enabled biometrics it asks for the password every now and then.

The simplest explanation for it not working is that what you wrote isn't what you entered. That may sound daft, but since they generally don't display passwords when you enter them it's possible: if for some reason you missed the same key on both attempts (hitting a neighbouring key) you could get a password accepted that isn't what it should be. A screen calibration issue would increase the odds of this, but also the odds of making the same error when you try to re-enter it!

If only it was easy!! I even paid $29.95 to a company called tenorshare.com because they said they could get me in, but their instructions don't work either, but they refuse a refund because they say there's nothing wrong with their program. Oh well, that's a different problem. I think the next time I'm near an 02 shop, I'll see if they can do anything.

Today my new Galaxy S22 arrived and I've set it up, switched the SIM card, and all is working well. Fingers crossed ......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones