• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help!! Please!!

mimi2012

Lurker
I seemed to have destroyed my Samsung Gravity Smart Android 2.2 operating system.
It all began when I rooted my device using SuperOneClick then installed Titanium Back-up. I accidentally removed the dialer app (HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?) and immediately lost service and all dialer related functions. In a moment of panic I did a factory reset on it, but it was very unsuccessful and now I'm stuck on the "Tap the Android to begin!" screen. When I tap the Android it doesn't do a thing, unlike my previous factory resets. Is there a way to restore the Android 2.2.1 OS manually? Without the com.android.phone, there's no way to restore it on the device.

Best bet is to install a new rom. Plenty of threads on here how to do it. Very simple and it works better than the stock rom anyway.

Ok not trying to sound like a jackass. But if you cant find the link to the rom which is right in this forum, you probably shouldn't be hacking your phone.

As of this posting, the thread containing the rom and full instructions is the next post below this one.

Back
Top Bottom