• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help please

Your windows version doesn't matter to unlocking, though I tend to find xp the bastard of all the windows versions. Though where it would be easy is in linux. How ever it may help to know the issue you have.

I want to root my phone I open HTC dev add all the stuff neeed get boot loader unlock the sdk Java n HTC sync I get to number 9 which it was about command prompt about fastboot it says waiting for device it just sit there

I want to root my phone I open HTC dev add all the stuff neeed get boot loader unlock the sdk Java n HTC sync I get to number 9 which it was about command prompt about fastboot it says waiting for device it just sit there

thats where i got stuck too... try running CMD as admin.

It sounds like the pc isn't recognizing your phone. Did you make sure you had/have your phone's debugging mode option checked before taking your battery out and going into hboot?

Uh if I recall right you are doing this clear wrong. You need to install the htc usb drivers. Then yank the battery, hold volume down and power at the same time. When in h-boot go use the volume rocker to go down to fastboot. Use power to select fastboot, plug your phone in and run the commands.

Cmd means command prompt, where if I recall you can navigate to the downloaded sdk directory. Right click and open cmd directory from there. Which saves cding to the directory. Also to highlight the keycode in the command prompt. I believe you right click and due mark, right click again to copy.

Edit: If you still have issues, I worked on a tool to do this with everything needed. Where I can possibly throw it up for this purpose if needed. I just need to finish some of it.

Back
Top Bottom