• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help please

ddjdebate

Lurker
I need to know the file system of a droid, more importantly the location of sms messages on the droid file system.... my phone lost all sms messages, not deleted, just wont show... how do i navigate to my text messages using the files or a computer??

what was done to the phone that caused it to lose all messages? did you install something? or were you using another messaging app like go sms pro?

im not sure if messages are stored on the file system of the phone itself. I hope someone can chime in on that.

you cannot use a computer to explore the system files of your phone, you would need root explorer to do that or another file manager. maybe one that doesnt require root, however i believe to look into the file system you need root. i just dont believe the phone stores your messages in its internal system, maybe the internal memory but i am not sure.

not sure where to navigate but you could try a sms backup and restore app from the market and then reset your phone and try to restore them if you know they are still there.

They're not just stored in a file somewhere that you can simply navigate to and read. They're actually a bit complicated to access. You have to use a content provider, which is highly discouraged by pretty much everyone since you can easily mess something up.

Back