• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help! power button menu doesn't work

hannahxx

this has been a recurring problem for me :(
when i flash a rom, everything will be working fine, but a few hours later (after playing around w settings/restoring apps, etc) long-pressing the power button stops working!
i can still turn the screen on and off, but when i try to get to the power off menu, my phone freezes. the only way to fix it is a battery pull.

any ideas on what is causing this??

more info- i use rom manager to flash roms and have been using jt's super clean, and blackhole. kernel is jt's stable 11/11 kernel. i switch back and forth whenever i'm feeling up for re-doing my phone, hoping the clean start will fix things ! but alas, mere hours later, the power menu ceases to function. sigh :(
p.s. having to do battery pulls irk me!!

this has been a recurring problem for me :(
when i flash a rom, everything will be working fine, but a few hours later (after playing around w settings/restoring apps, etc) long-pressing the power button stops working!
i can still turn the screen on and off, but when i try to get to the power off menu, my phone freezes. the only way to fix it is a battery pull.

any ideas on what is causing this??

more info- i use rom manager to flash roms and have been using jt's super clean, and blackhole. kernel is jt's stable 11/11 kernel. i switch back and forth whenever i'm feeling up for re-doing my phone, hoping the clean start will fix things ! but alas, mere hours later, the power menu ceases to function. sigh :(
p.s. having to do battery pulls irk me!!

if you flash a theme or rom with reboot options in the power menu and then flash one that doesnt...you break the power button....flash a theme with reboot options to fix it

hmm well it's not just the power menu, but i can't turn off the phone!
it'll work or a while, and suddenly not (even though i don't flash a new theme).
although i did flash a battery percentage indicator?? maybe that messed with it.

hmm well it's not just the power menu, but i can't turn off the phone!
it'll work or a while, and suddenly not (even though i don't flash a new theme).
although i did flash a battery percentage indicator?? maybe that messed with it.

the entire power button gets screwed up from flashing a theme or rom without them, not just the menu

just flash a theme with reboot options

seems like when i flash the battery percentage icon, the power button stuff stops working. hrmm.

Are you on di01? The battery mod for dio1 did not have reboot options in it...,don't think of the battery mod as injecting the battery percentage in....its essentially a theme....one that lacks reboot options

ahh i see, that explains it! it's working fine now :)
yup i'm on di01, but currently getting dj05
thx for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom