• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help.. reflash factory rom from factory rom

jeffek

ok. i had my phone rooted (metro) with butternoob.
then i went back to factory rom and recovery .
then i updated to b12

now i have had nothing but problems with wifi calling. the google mic staying stuck on the screen and a host of other problems. if i boot into stock recovery . when i click wipe cache it freezes. when i click factory reset it freezes but if i hard reset the phone i find it worked. wtf.

i want to reflash the factory rom and start from scratch but how do i do that with the factory recovery? is it possible . please help

ok. i had my phone rooted (metro) with butternoob.
then i went back to factory rom and recovery .
then i updated to b12

now i have had nothing but problems with wifi calling. the google mic staying stuck on the screen and a host of other problems. if i boot into stock recovery . when i click wipe cache it freezes. when i click factory reset it freezes but if i hard reset the phone i find it worked. wtf.

i want to reflash the factory rom and start from scratch but how do i do that with the factory recovery? is it possible . please help
Take the phone back to your local MetroPCS store and show them the problems you are having and demand a phone that has not been updated.

so its not possible to flash the factory rom . from a factory rom? my old samsung used a program called kies that let you flash roms from the factory rom

so its not possible to flash the factory rom . from a factory rom? my old samsung used a program called kies that let you flash roms from the factory rom
No you can't use a program like Kies to restore your phone/ Flash a rom since there isn't one for the ZMax.

The thing is u gave up root when u updated, nor is there a root method for the updated zmaxes

Back
Top Bottom