• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help requested in rooting a DINC2 /w HTCdev ran

w4tershed

Lurker
Guys,
I was following a tutorial to root my incredible 2 a few days ago when it instructed me to use HTCdev to unlock the phone. later on i found a thread on Xda that said this makes it a pain in the ass to do a full unlock. i have been following the thread named "[GUIDE] Comprehensive S-OFF/Root Methods" and using the secod post aimed at post HTCdev attempts. my Hboot version is .98 so i need to roll the OS back to 2.3.3. but when i get to this command "adb shell /data/local/tmp/misc_version -s 2.18.605.3"
i get this in return.

C:\android>adb shell /data/local/tmp/misc_version -s 2.18.605.3
--set_version set. VERSION will be changed to: 2.18.605.3
Patching and backing up misc partition...
Error opening input file.

any suggestions or help would be appreciated. (i asked in xda but no one answeres me there)

unlocking with htcdev does NOT make downgrading and running revolutionary(aka "full unlock") any more difficult-this is false information. on the contrary,htcdev unlock is an extremely reliable means of gaining root access to make other exploits work.

try seperating adb shell from the rest of the command. i believe that the command is failing,becasue with the stock rom su most grant permossion for an interactive shell. in other words,youre only getting a "$" with your command,not a "#" since permissions cannot be granted.

there is a guide to downgrade with htcdev here,that may provide more info: http://androidforums.com/incredible...firmware-build-6-01-605-05-a.html#post4740095 :)

Back
Top Bottom