• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Restoring Mytouch 3G to Factory ROM

Hi.

A while back, cyanogen was installed on my phone by a family member and I was never really sure what it did or why I needed it. I'm struggling to familiarize myself with the phone modding process, but there's a few overwhelming problems on my phone and I'm not sure where to start:

1. The phone has stopped mounting to Windows 7.

a. There is no dropdown message asking for a mount on connection.

b. Installing the google usb driver from the sdk pack did not resolve this issue.

c. When trying to manually update the existing driver by browsing to the .inf file, the system will not update the driver, saying that the "the best software for your device is already installed."

d. I tried reinstalling my android device through the device manager by right-clicking: add legacy hardware >> Install hardware manually >> Select Android Phone which happened to be amongst my listed devices >> navigating to google sdk pack .inf and installing Android ABD Interface which now appears in device manager with a Yellow ! Triangle. Rebooting the machine and phone did not resolve the issue and Android ADB Interface remains on my device list with that ! triangle. Right clicking and updating software does not yield a resolution as I receive the message: "The best software for your device is already installed."

e. Unmounting and formatting the sd card did not resolve this issue.

f. When plugging my phone into the computer I receive the message: USB Device Not Recognized. Browsing my device manager, it does not show up as a mass storage device, nor is there any mass storage option in my phone settings.

g. My phone charges when plugged into the computer, so I don't suspect this to be a usb cable issue.

h. usb debugging is enabled.

2. When trying to open the Market, I receive the mssage: The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I would really like to just restore this phone to a factory rom and be done with it, but I can't connect my phone via usb to even start doing that. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

I was just in this boat, and no replies at all here. :-(

Hopefully this will be helpful info, it worked great for me

Start here...

Newbie resource links for Sapphire/HTC Magic - xda-developers

good basic info if you aren't familiar with flashing roms...the big thing with MT3G is do you have a 32A or 32B, flashing the wrong one can brick your phone. there is also good info about where to get the android SDK and USB driver and how to make sure they are installed before you begin with the phone.

Roms are here...

[ROM] Official HTC Sapphire/Magic/MT3G ROM Links - xda-developers

#43 was the right one for my handset. the flash only took a few minutes and now I have a stock MT3G again!

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom