• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help - root

I went through Scotty's thread, followed every instruction exactly, got my unlock key from HTC, unlocked my phone (yes it said ***unlocked*** on the fastboot screen) flashed the amon ra-recovery thingy.

I'm confused about the very last step though; I have the SuperSU.zip on my PC desktop but how do I properly install this on my rezound? I downloaded Apk Installer from the market but it doesn't recognize the .zip file itself as an installable file, I can only look inside it and install the .apk file that is a few directories within the zip. So I installed it but when I ran it, it gave me this error: "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!"

I have no idea what this means... when I adb shell it still gives me a $ not a #. Did I not install the SuperSU file properly? (Installing from the market doesn't work either.)

All the info I've googled or search for on other forums just says to install the SuperSU but doesn't provide any actual details. Scotty's thread just says "install zip from sd card(chose your superuser file)" thanks but can you elaborate a little bit, how do you actually do this?

Well I figured it out... so this thread is now worthless :P

But I think it should be made more clear in Scotty's thread that the things in part 3 need to be done from the recovery menu (maybe with a screenshot?), I had the hardest time figuring this out because the first time I tried to boot into recovery it just rebooted the device like normal.

Well I figured it out... so this thread is now worthless :P

But I think it should be made more clear in Scotty's thread that the things in part 3 need to be done from the recovery menu (maybe with a screenshot?), I had the hardest time figuring this out because the first time I tried to boot into recovery it just rebooted the device like normal.

sorry you were a little confused by the guide. since the first line under 3)flash superuser root files reads: "if booted to recovery from above,use the recovery menu on your phone to:" i thot it was understood to install the zipfile using recovery ;) :eek: :D

at any rate im glad you are sorted,just holler if you have any further questions! :)

Back
Top Bottom