• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help - Rooted NookColor, but having big SD card problem.

GMPdroid

Lurker
I'm having incredible difficulty here and I've spent hours on top of hours trying to solve the issue.
My uncle gave me a Nook color which he rooted to run cyanogenmod 7(Android OS 2.3). I rooted it again to use cyanogemod 10(Android OS 4.1) and it was successful using the SD Card method. The downside to using this method though is that it creates several partitions and it formats the SD card to a severely small size (I'm using a 2 GB SD).

This is what it looks like when it's installed:

E:boot (FAT32) 298 MB - I believe these are the main boot files for the mod.
(Ext4) 463 MB- I'm not sure what this is for as I don't see it being used by the tablet.
(Ext4) 958 MB- The second one, and this is used as the tablet's main internal memory for some reason. [screenshot]
SDCARD(FAT) 220 MB - This is shown as the tablet's SD card [Screenshot] *I moved the content from here to another location (explained below).

[Storage - Screenshot]

When I plug in the tablet via USB it shows SDCARD and MyNookcolor.

I moved the files from SDCARD to MyNOOKcolor. MyNOOKcolor is I believe the true internal memory of the tablet as it's 5 GB big (I heard there's 8 GB for the tablet, but the other 3 GB must have been used for the first mod though my software is only picking up one partition)

My Problem/Situation:

The partitions of the SD card that was used for the mod are too small and I want to have more space. I want to use the MyNOOKcolor disk as the main storage for my content.
The Android OS uses the (Ext4) as it's internal memory, but it also shows the 5 GB disk as another internal memory but doesn't use it at all. [Screenshot]

I want the OS to use the 5GB disk as it's main, but I have no idea how to do this and you can't move any content to it via the Android OS. After that I want to merge the partitions excluding the boot files, so the OS would use it as a SD card and I would have at least 1GB SD card memory space.

I don't know if it's possible, but I would like as much help as possible finding the solution. If the method I'm planning to use isn't possible, please state another way I can do so.
I would also like to not have to reinstall the mod and possibly losing my information and content along with it.

Alright, I had nothing but problems running Cm off the sd card. If you are interested I can tell you how to install it to the internal memory. But you won't be able to boot the original Nook software anymore and also the guide I have is for Cwm not Twrp.

Alright, I had nothing but problems running Cm off the sd card. If you are interested I can tell you how to install it to the internal memory. But you won't be able to boot the original Nook software anymore and also the guide I have is for Cwm not Twrp.
My uncle already modded cyanogenmod 7 on the internal memory anyway so it wouldn't matter anymore. Yes, I'll like to know how to put the mod on the internal memory, though I'm not familiar with the terms cwm and twrp. Is there a way to transfer my information and apps to that mod without reinstalling them entirely?
I gave up last night and just decided to order an 8 GB SD card and use the mod on that when it arrives. What kind of problems were you having btw?

Well if its installed in the internal memory then you can format the sd card and use it as space. You were suppose to format the sd card after the install anyway.

Cwm= Clockworkmod Recovery Twrp= Team Win Recovery Project

Well if its installed in the internal memory then you can format the sd card and use it as space. You were suppose to format the sd card after the install anyway.

Cwm= Clockworkmod Recovery Twrp= Team Win Recovery Project
I mean cyanogenmod 7 was installed to the nook's internal before I got the it, and now I've installed cyanogenmod 10 on the SD card so if I remove it will go back to 7. 10 isn't installed on the internal so I would like to know how to do so but I'm wondering if it's possible to transfer my information after I install cyanogen mod 10 on to the internal.

Okay, i got confused for a second. After rereading and looking at the link. I have seen that you did do the sd card install. That method was horrible for me. So I'll walk you through the install to install it to the internal memory.

This guide assumes you are using Windows:

First you'll need to delete all the partitions off your sd card, format it and make 1 new partition.

Next you'll need to download Win32 Disk Imager http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/win32diskimager/Archive/Win32DiskImager-0.9.5-install.exe?r=http%3A%2F%2Fsourceforge.net%2Fprojects%2Fwin32diskimager%2F&ts=1396805958&use_mirror=softlayer-ams

Install it and then you'll need to write the img file to your sd card.
Then you need to write 1gb Clockwork-3.2.0.1.img to your sd card.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm4wrxs4727kaz9/1gb_clockwork-3.2.0.1-eyeballer.img

After you write it, you also need to copy the Cm and Gapps you want to install along with the new Clockworkmod Recovery zip.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/srkqj4vebxzdlfk/cwm-6.0.4.7-encore-signed.zip

Don't unzip the Cwm zip or Cm and Gapps zip.

Power off your Nook eject your sd card from the computer and put it into your Nook.

Power your Nook on and it will boot into Clockworkmod Recovery.

From here you need to use the Volume up and down buttons to navigate the menu and The n button to select what you want and the power button to go back.

Now you need to Wipe Data/Factory Reset Twice and Wipe Cache Partition Twice.

Then you need to go to install zip, install zip from /storage/sdcard1 choose the Cyanogenmod version you want to install and then install the Gapps.
Once both of those are installed you need to install the cwm-6.0.4.7-encore-signed.zip.

Once all three of those are installed go to Advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache. Take the Sd card out and reboot the Nook.

If you have problems rebooting it may take a few times but now you have it installed to the internal memory and you can reformat the Sd card for storage.

Now you should have successfully installed Cyanogenmod Gapps and ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7 to the internal memory.

I mean cyanogenmod 7 was installed to the nook's internal before I got the it, and now I've installed cyanogenmod 10 on the SD card so if I remove it will go back to 7. 10 isn't installed on the internal so I would like to know how to do so but I'm wondering if it's possible to transfer my information after I install cyanogen mod 10 on to the internal.

Yeah Cm7 was installed to the internal memory and Cm10 was installed from the sd card..

Transfer what information? your apps and everything you'll be able to install when you boot into the fresh install.

Back
Top Bottom