• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help, stuck in fastboot, return to stock

Hi, this is my first post. I've looked over the past week through this and different forums, and I need help after attempting to root my rezound for the first time last week, so I am not too sure of what I am doing. Currently it powers straight to fastboot and when I go to bootloader/hboot, it checks for the PH98IMG.zip, then anything I select from recovery, factory reset, etc. goes right back to fastboot. I'm not sure what to download (such as which RUU) and how to apply them.

Currently the phone sits at:
Relocked
S-On
Hboot-2.28
Radio-2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

So, I would like return the phone back to stock with the latest OTA/unroot and I don't mind it being stated relocked. But the inconvenient matter is being stuck in fastboot, would be great if one you more experienced users can provide step guide. Thanks

So I was able get out fastboot, and the phone's software is 3.14.605.5 710RD.

And it should not be rooted any longer (relocked, no SU), and the 3.14 RUU failed, saying it was too old. Is there any way to receive the latest OTA from verizon at this point?

Or does it have to be from flashing the latest rom, then what should download and how should go about returning this back to latest OTA stock of 4.03.605.2 710RD?

Thanks.

regardless of your main version/build number,you will not be able to RUU. you have apparently at some point updated to the newest firmware,as indicated by hboot 2.28.

youll need to reunlock your bootloader,and reinstall a recovery. flash the 4.05.605.14 rom in recovery.

if you wish to be completely stock,you can relock after installing the rom,and then re-flash the signed firmware backage wich will install the stock recovery,in addition to the rest of the new firmware that you allready have.

you can find the stock rom and firmware links in this thread: http://androidforums.com/rezound-all-things-root/716364-newest-global-rom.html

holler if you have questions :)

this is great, I eventually got it going right now. Thanks for response.

Also, is there a difference with 4.03.605.2 and 4.05.605.14?

Thanks again.

There is some New firmware,and prolly some bug fixes. The differences between them are prolly minimal,but imo its worth the effort to be on the newest :)

Back
Top Bottom