• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help tethering

New to the whole tethering thing. I know little about what my phone will do. I have a Nexux s 4g from sprint. How can i use my mobile data plan to surf the internet on my laptop?

New to the whole tethering thing. I know little about what my phone will do. I have a Nexux s 4g from sprint. How can i use my mobile data plan to surf the internet on my laptop?

What version of Android is your phone on?

For ICS and later, you can tap the "More..." option under "Wireless & Networks" in your general Settings. In there, there's a "Tethering & Portable Hotspots" option.

From there, you can enable USB tethering if you're connected to a computer via USB (you'll have to install the proper driver to get it to work), or you can enable the "Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot" option to turn your phone into a wireless router that shares your data. The Hotspot option is by far the simplest.

On Gingerbread, the same options are there, just in different places. I don't recall where.

Back
Top Bottom