• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with a few steps in manual root process

Strife21

I have a few questions on some of these steps:

On the checksum part below, it says to redownload the file if the checksum does not match, does that mean to re push the misc.img and run step three again.

Step 3
This step will gain temp root and flash the custom misc.img. Run:
adb shell
Now the shell should display "$".
Run:
/data/local/psneuter
You will now be kicked out of adb, and adb will restart as root. Let’s confirm the md5 of misc.img:
adb shell
At this point, the shell should display "#".
Run:
/data/local/busybox md5sum /data/local/misc.img
Output should be "c88dd947eb3b36eec90503a3525ae0de." If it’s anything else, re-download the file and try again.

On step 4 below how do I put the file on the phone? Can I just use windows and copy the file to the sd card?

Step 4
Here you will rename the downgrade RUU as PG05IMG.zip and place it on your SD card. Then, run the following command:

Ok in step three it says if the checksum does not match to delete and re-download. How do I delete the file? Is there a command to do this? I assume re-downloading refers to pushing the file again correct?

Step 6
Please pay attention – this is very important. This step involves a small chance of bricking if you mess up.
To push the eng bootloader:
adb push hbooteng.nb0 /data/local/
adb shell
/data/local/busybox md5sum /data/local/hbooteng.nb0
If the output does not match "6991368ee2deaf182048a3ed9d3c0fcb" exactly, stop, delete it, and re-download it. Otherwise, continue.

Step 3- Start at adb shell and enter the rest again. If you still have issues down load this again and start over...Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! replace all of these in platform-tools folder.
Step 4- yes just mount the rom on the root of your sd card. You can just change the connection settings on your pc connect screen to mount as a disc drive and drag and drop. Make sure you have renamed the file to PG05IMG.zip..also make sure that hide extensions for known file types is not checked on your computer.
on the step 6 part if you have anything wrong you need to download the rom again and use it.Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!. you delete the file from your sd card and replace it with the new download. If you have any trouble just hit me up.

Step 3- Start at adb shell and enter the rest again. If you still have issues down load this again and start over...Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! replace all of these in platform-tools folder.
Step 4- yes just mount the rom on the root of your sd card. You can just change the connection settings on your pc connect screen to mount as a disc drive and drag and drop. Make sure you have renamed the file to PG05IMG.zip..also make sure that hide extensions for known file types is not checked on your computer.
on the step 6 part if you have anything wrong you need to download the rom again and use it.Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!. you delete the file from your sd card and replace it with the new download. If you have any trouble just hit me up.

On the step 6 part. Do I delete it through adb? If so what is the command or do I mount the phone as a drive and delete that way?

Back