• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with Out of the Box JB

uberpro

Lurker
So has anyone found out how to root an out-of-the-box Jellybean Reverb?
I just recently purchased on and was really excited to root it, but it seems like there's some type of obstacle that's been preventing people from doing so. Is it still like that?

I just got the Reverb myself, and would also like to get root,...I just switched from the VM Optimus Elite & just had to have a forward facing camera....lol
Any & all help is very much appreciated
Thanks

P.S I tested & ran all the roms they have over at the "Elite" community & really like the options that a "Rom" brings!!!

Please read the various recent threads that already explain all of this

Not trying to be a pain, but there are a lot of threads being started about the exact same thing, and it's getting a bit cluttered.

Please read the various recent threads that already explain all of this

Not trying to be a pain, but there are a lot of threads being started about the exact same thing, and it's getting a bit cluttered.

That's the thing, I did. I'm not well-versed in how to root devices and it took me a couple times going through the recent posts, but the shaky idea I got from doing that was that out of the box Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Reverbs have not been successfully rooted.

Are you saying they have been?

Ok, it definitely seems like it's still unrootable. Does anyone have an idea when someone might find a way to root it? Is there a normal timeframe for this sort of thing?

Not really. Any and all work done on these devices is done by developers and hobbyists that DONATE (VERY GRACIOUSLY, I might add) their time AND effort into these endeavors...we ALL want these things to get done, for sure. But... they take a LOT of time to accomplish the right way. This device in particular, has been a REAL PAIN since the JB rollout; and our main developer doesn't even own the phone! THAT'S DEDICATION!! (thanks interloper!!).

Soooooo..... the best thing we can do right now is offer help and support where needed, and most of all;

BE PATIENT!!!

Peace,
Sox

I don't mean to be impatient, I just didn't kbow if this was just a problem because it was so recent, or because it was a difficult problem.
My friend recommended flashing ICS and getting root that way. I take it he has no idea what he's saying?

I don't mean to be impatient, I just didn't kbow if this was just a problem because it was so recent, or because it was a difficult problem.
My friend recommended flashing ICS and getting root that way. I take it he has no idea what he's saying?

In order to 'flash' anything (other than an OTA update), you must have a custom recovery first (CWM or TWRP).
You might try Kies (ugh) and see if it will let you can do an emergency firmware redo... but I SERIOUSLY doubt it...

Peace,
Sox

Back
Top Bottom