• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help with rar files please

txaspeat

I use t torrent and mx player on my tab to download and watch things. Its always worked ok but lately ive noticed when you search for something now, most of the findings are coming up as rar files. I didnt know what the difference was so I downloaded em as normal, but when I open mx player to watch them, theyre not on the list in mx player, and if I go to my files and select them it says cannot open file. Is there a way of downloading rar files and watching them on mx player? Seems strange that t torrent lists files that cant be played when ive downloaded em.

RAR files are files that have been compressed. (Compressing a movie usually makes the file larger, not smaller, but people who put torrents up usually aren't computer experts.) You need an app that will take the movie file out of the RAR file so you can play the movie file. Search Google Play for rar and you'll find plenty of free ones.

Think of it as a letter in an envelope. You're trying to read the envelope, not the letter in it. You need to open the envelope and take the letter out.

Back
Top Bottom