• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with rooting?

OTG Tech

Lurker
Okay so ill try and keep this as short and to the point as possible. I always seem to say a little to much like now lol. But basically I'm in the process of learning the ins and outs of all androids and iphones. But the one thing that is giving me a run for my money is rooting androids. I CANT for some reason figure it out. Even watching step by step videos on how to root my sidekick it still wont work. 1) the drivers never install properly and 2) every software I have tried so far is just a virus.

So my question is to you guys, what software should I use? is there a certain way to download the drivers? and just things along that line. Please help:)

(I saw there are already some rooting threads but there old, so thats why I made this one)

Hey there OTG Tech, i responded to your intro :)

Anyhow, if your devices are correct here are the root guides to them:

Sidekick 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums

MyTouch 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums

Personally it took me awhile to get things right when i first rooted, i would always get stuck on boot loop, or i wouldn't be able to run certain apps, something always messed up.

I would suggest once installing a ROM or booting up after a root, to factory reset and install...it just cleans up those errors usually :)

Hope the information i have given is helpful, otherwise please post more questions/issues you have :D

Lol you sure did Digital, and I really appreciate it man. So far i've been getting the help I need and HOPEFULLY I can finally get this rooting thing down. I know now that when I need some help I can come to you! Haha :)

Back
Top Bottom