• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with updating Galaxy.

• Thread starter Thread starter Update Galaxy s4
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    updates
U

Update Galaxy s4

I recently tried updating my s4, currently OS 4.3 because it was rooted/modified.
I searched for updates, installed the update package, and when I go to update I come to a screen.
The screen has several boxes on it that say things like, "install", "recover", "reboot", "download", etc.
I clicked on "install", because I believed that would be the obvious route to update.
When I clicked that, it brought me to another screen that said something about downloading some sort of flash zip and then there were two or three options to choose.
I wasn't sure what to choose, or even if that was the correct thing to do.
I rebooted, and so now I will have to re download the software update to try again.
Can anyone please direct me how to go about this? Thank you! Please let me know if you need more info.

Welcome to our AndroidForums :).

So, your device is rooted and you're trying to accept/install an over-the-air (OTA) update to Android?

That's not likely to work if you indeed are rooted.

We've got an SG S4 root area that I could move your post to (that would probably be the most appropriate area for you)...please sign-up and reply back and I'll do that for you if you'd like.

Cheers!

What model S4 do you have?
Are you using Flashfire or custom recovery to flash the update zip?
Can you post a link to where you downloaded the update and guide you are using?

Back
Top Bottom