Shwut-
Newbie
Okay, recently (about a month ago) I bought a Samsung Galaxy 551, unlocked, GSM. I wanted it because it had a QWERTY Keyboard, it was Samsung, and it had Android with TouchWiz 3.0 (which I like, don't judge ^.^).
But, I didn't realize how much the cons (No 3G, 667 MHz processor, 3.2 inch display, low resolution, 3.2 mpx camera, etc.) outweighed the Pros (QWERTY Board, Android, and TouchWiz 3.0).
It was about $350 dollars, and I paid for it my self (Being a 15 year old without a job.)
I bought the phone after watching all the YouTube videos there are on it, even the ones not even in English. I was so excited to get the phone.
Until, after I got it, I realized how not great it is. Programs crash, browsing speeds are slow since I don't have access to 3G because it's unlocked, there are no accesories for it like cases or anything, so it's all scratched up (when i've only dropped it once from about 3 ft holding it on tile, but the screen some how is getting scratched up more and more each day).
I was looking at the Samsung Captivate before I even found this phone, but I was determined to find one with a QWERTY keyboard because I knew there had to be one somewhere.
But now, i'm having second thoughts and i'm thinking about going for the Captivate sometime after Summer, or even near October or November. I know the Infuse is coming out for AT&T soon, but that phone's screen is just way to large
So, should I wait for my upgrade to come up during the summer so I can get a Captivate around October/November, or not upgrade at all and keep the phone (Samsung Galaxy 551) I have now? I mean is it worth the upgrade?
Thanks!
But, I didn't realize how much the cons (No 3G, 667 MHz processor, 3.2 inch display, low resolution, 3.2 mpx camera, etc.) outweighed the Pros (QWERTY Board, Android, and TouchWiz 3.0).
It was about $350 dollars, and I paid for it my self (Being a 15 year old without a job.)
I bought the phone after watching all the YouTube videos there are on it, even the ones not even in English. I was so excited to get the phone.
Until, after I got it, I realized how not great it is. Programs crash, browsing speeds are slow since I don't have access to 3G because it's unlocked, there are no accesories for it like cases or anything, so it's all scratched up (when i've only dropped it once from about 3 ft holding it on tile, but the screen some how is getting scratched up more and more each day).
I was looking at the Samsung Captivate before I even found this phone, but I was determined to find one with a QWERTY keyboard because I knew there had to be one somewhere.
But now, i'm having second thoughts and i'm thinking about going for the Captivate sometime after Summer, or even near October or November. I know the Infuse is coming out for AT&T soon, but that phone's screen is just way to large
So, should I wait for my upgrade to come up during the summer so I can get a Captivate around October/November, or not upgrade at all and keep the phone (Samsung Galaxy 551) I have now? I mean is it worth the upgrade?
Thanks!

