• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help

coryl812

Lurker
i have a lg vortex on 2.2.2. i am rooted already using the gingerbreak app. i have figured out how to change my boot animation (droid x)and i have rom manager and titanium back up. heres where im confused as im sure alot of post that show up on here are but i cant find any to answer my question. when i back up my system files with titanium back up does that store to my sd card? and why would i want to boot into recovery mode? my phone does not have a customizable rom does it? i have hot reboot and have the option to boot into recovery mode but why do i want to do this? what can i do once i have? i tried it once and it made my phone go back to the default setting and erased all of my setting and downloaded apps. i eventuall reownloaded them so i guess if i already backed up my phone all i needed to do was get a file manager and re install from there? i understand the root process which is the easiest thing to do but can i get a new rom for the vortex and what can i do in recovery mode. also another big question is how do i enable jit? i found the file and the zip file but not sure what to do with it. i am overclocked at 600 mhz but have saw other vortex models overclocked at 729. sorry for the long post. please if you have time and can help or point me in the right direction to find the answer i would greatly appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom