• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help!

N00B101

Lurker
Hello everyone,

I have recently tried to un root my 2013 ASUS nexus 7 using nexus root toolkit and I'm having issues. I think the process could of somehow got interrupted but now all I get is the Google screen with the lock at the bottom.

I was careful to read the options but I wouldn't discount the possibility that I have accidentally flashed the wrong version of the files.

I got a "too many links" error during the un rooting process. After some googling this could have been because the USB connection was loose therefore breaking the data connection at a bad time?!

I can't boot into recovery (I have tried the volume and power buttons).

I have attached a couple of images displaying what info I have. My laptop seems to recognise the device in some capacity (see picture) and that coupled with the fact it does turn on I am taking to be hopefully a sign that it's not totally bricked!

EDIT: When switched off and plugged in the charging icon is functioning too.

Consider me a newbie with very limited android experience.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    894.7 KB · Views: 95
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    467.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Boot the tablet to fastboot/bootloader. From powered off, hold power+volume down.
Then plug in and, in wugs toolkit, run the flash stock+unroot with the "soft bricked/bootloop option checked.
It will recognize the tab when its in bootloader/fastboot mode.

Back
Top Bottom