• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root hero lockscreen on Eris? did i screw up?

ppbb

did i screw up?

I was searching for lockscreens and found this:
[MOD] Android 2.0 Rotary Lockscreen. No Haptic Feedback Option - Updated 5/27 - xda-developers
not realizing it was for a hero cdma. which i understand is basically the same phone.
I installed this and a black wallpaper. flashed the lockscreen and MM the wallpaper.

now its not a full on rom, just a lockscreen, but any chance i screwed anything up?

My phone seems a little more laggy than before. I'm running aloysius v11 and oc to 710 and was happy with the snappy feel and no lag. The aloysius dialer seems to be lagging a bit, going to a black screen for just a second then the dialer comes up.

could i have done any damage to my phone with this lockscreen? Once I realized what I did, I did a wipe/dalvik wipe and nand restore. the restore took and my phone was just like before i did this lockscreen thing. but now seems slower. maybe my imagination.

No, MM themes for hero work just fine on the eris also, as long as you are running a sprint based rom which aloysius is. It's possible that it installed a heap of files that the phone needs to process more and making it seem like it's lagging. But if you did a restore and its still lagging, its not the MM theme, or just all in your head.

Thanks mjl. I got scared for a sec. I actually really dug that lock screen. I may reload it as it looked slick.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Back
Top Bottom