• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hiking the Appalachian trail

MLSS

Android Expert
As some of you may know, I plan on attempting a thru hike of the Appalachian trail in 2019.
It will be challenging enough with the 2,000+ mile hike alone, but it is also something that costs money.
Expenses along the trail include food resupply, laundry, showers, occasional hostel stays, gear replacement when things break ECT...

So with that said. My dream since I was 13 years old has been to hike the Appalachian trail. To be able to realize this life long dream and to be able to stand on top of Springer Mountain knowing I will finally get my chance to hike the most amazing long distance trail in America, would be more than great, it would be amazing!
My father passed away this past July from Cancer and was never able to realize his retirement dream of traveling the country. I will take him with me every step of the journey.
Thank you.
https://www.gofundme.com/Georgia-to-Main-2019

I ask that you take a moment to consider donating to my go fund me account and help me live my dream.

I will be Vloging my journey on YouTube as well as blogging about it as I go.

What size boots do you wear? I've got a pair of Dexter Oil, Skid, and Waterproof boots that I've only worn like 5 times. Bought them to small and after a week or 3 at work I just gave up. I can probably afford to ship to somewhere on the East Coast.

What size boots do you wear? I've got a pair of Dexter Oil, Skid, and Waterproof boots that I've only worn like 5 times. Bought them to small and after a week or 3 at work I just gave up. I can probably afford to ship to somewhere on the East Coast.

10 101/2 usually

Thanks to those who have helped! It's still a ways off before I begin my journey but preparation is the key to success so I spend all my free time hiking and backpacking to get ready!

Back
Top Bottom