• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Holiday feast 2021

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
so i just put an order for a dry aged 2-bone ribeye roast(otherwise known as prime rib) with Wholefoods. it has been awhile since i had prime rib for xmas. never tried anything that has been dry aged before......should be very interesting. i will probably pick it up a few days before Xmas.

have not completely made up the rest of the menu just yet. probably garlic mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, some kind of vegetable side, and most likely a salad.

anybody else starting to plan their feast yet? what do you normally have for Xmas?

We normally have chicken soup, that has mega brath into it, and bread sticks, with a few other odds and ends at that evening, and have my sister's mom-in-law with us, we open presents whenever everyone is ready with our stockings too :)
Low key stuff like that. Hmmm.. I have not upload any past years of x-mas on here... why? Well this time I will be prepared to upload a few photos from that.

I'm seriously considering smoking a spatchcock turkey. No matter how I cook the bird we will enjoy our normal sides of dressing, noodles, gravy, yams, and green bean casserole.

For my post Christmas / New Years bash I have annually I'll likely smoke a spiral cut ham. Sides will be provided by the guests so who knows?

Me and my wife just show up at her brother's house each year.
Turkey, Ham and mashed potatoes, along with many desserts are served.
We eat, drink and catch up with everyone in the family.

so here is the menu so far:
  • 30 day dry aged ribeye roast
  • roasted potatoes and baby carrots
  • lobster and porcini mushroom gravy
  • green bean gremolata( italian parsley, parmesan cheese, garlic, and lemon zest)
for dessert i bought a berry chantilly cake from Whole Foods.

i would have posted pictures of the feast, but my mom and i tore thru it before i could take a picture of it......lol

prime rib i think is now my favorite holiday protein to cook. hands down beats turkey......though maybe i'm just tired of eating turkey year after year....LOL

Turkey is turkey but prime rib is Prime Rib! To be accommodating to the company we shared Christmas with we just put on a huge snack fest. Every finger food we could think of was there to be snacked on.
It was enjoyable and easy. Much like turkey and all of the goodies, I'm still snacking on what was left over. :)

I'm smoking a ham at the cabin for New Year's Eve. Everyone is bringing sides so it should make for a great dinner. On the first day of the year I plan to make a big pot of ham and beans and bake some cornbread. Nothing fancy but everyone has to help me eat up my ham. :)

What cha doin for New Years meal ?

Black eyed peas (with hambone from Christmas meal)
cabbage
cornbread

did I miss anything ?

eat

Just changed the title of this thread, so we can discuss plans for the New Year.

Gonna be making a seafood stew more in the line of cioppino with lobster, king crab, shrimp, mussels and squid. Made it last year and it is perfect with it being cold here in LA. it's gonna be warm, comforting, and delicious!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom