• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

home button behaviour

mike_11

Hello,

As I understand, the mini pro has two "types" of homescreens: the "top" one is where the widgets can be installed, while the "bottom" ones contains the icons of installed applications.

If I press the home screen button (the middle one, below the empty square), it will sometimes bring up one of the widgets homescreens, and sometimes the last icons homescreen I was at.

Is there a way to make the home button always bring up the first icons homescreen?. I want this, since I've got my apps organized on that screen using "apps organizer".

TIA,
Mike.

I'll rephrase my question.

The x10 mini pro has a "two-level" home screen:
the "top" hold the clock, and widgets.
the "bottom" holds the application icons.

Since there are many applications installed, the home screen extends beyond the screen width, which results in "windows", and so it is necessary to scroll left and right to see all the different "windows" and the icons they contain. When pressing the "home" button, the phone will bring up the last viewed "window" of the home screen.

Is there a way to make the "home" button always show the first (left most) "window" of the bottom home screen, namely, the left most window of the icons?.

TIA,
Mike.

As far as I know that cannot be done. I tried using one of those phone and play with the menus a bit before posting but I didn't see any option that allows you to do what you asked.

I use a Launcher app on my phone called "Go Launcher EX" and it gives you a lot of option to customize entirely the menus and Homescreens of the phone. Try it to see if it does what you are looking for.

Thanks.

Is it possible to place applications and shortcuts icons on the "top" home screen, say in the same screen as the clock?.

On the X10 mini pro the only way to place multiple widgets and shortcuts on the Homescreens is by installing a launcher application, otherwise you need to place only one widget on the homescreen and shortcuts on the four corners.

Back
Top Bottom