• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home button hijacked by dock mode?

miltonq

Lurker
My "Home" button on my galaxy note is like it's hijacked. Every time I click on it, it goes to a screen that has an accuweather widgit on it! I have to click the "X" button in the top right corner to get back to my phone. Next time I click the home button, it's goes right back to that screen! It used to be, I click the home button, and it goes to my normal home screen. Now it's like some special home screen that is incredibly annoying. Frusterating each time I use the phone.

I have attached a screen shot of what the screen looks like when I hit my home button. This screen shot you see is NOT one of my home screens (if I pinch the screen it is not one of those). I have never seen this screen before today!

I had this accidently posted in the Note 2 forum, and I'm reposting it here. In that forum, I was told this was what the screen looks like in a docking mode. I have no docking station! My phone has never been near a magnet (that I know of). I have tried rebooting and pulling the battery, nothing fixes it. I haven't tried "disabling" docking mode because I don't know how. Again, I have no docking station though.

Anyone have any clue how to fix this/what would have caused this?
Thank you!

Attachments

• argh.png
    argh.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 76
That desk clock is part of the stock clock app. Next time you see that screen, press settings icon at bottom left of phone. Uncheck desk clock and your problem should be solved.

Back
Top Bottom