• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home Button Issues (Delayed Lock Related???)

Goodspike

Android Expert
Dec 28, 2010
Seattle
I've been having intermittent issues where my home button doesn't work. It doesn't seem to be a physical problem because it's pretty much not working at all until I reboot.

I think it may be related to a new update of Delayed Lock, because it started right after I updated and bringing that program back to focus does have its own issues. But maybe it's due to something else.

Assuming the recent Verizon update requires my permission, I have not run that update.

You don't need to use Chrome to open it. Just use a file browser (My files, ES file explorer, etc.) to browse to the location the file is saved on your phone. Once you find it, select the file and it should install the file.

Be sure this is a legitimate site you are downloading this from. You don't want this file to contain all kinds of malware when you install it.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Still didn't work. I think the problem seems to be that it's a zip file rather than a program file.

Download the zip file on a PC. When you open the ZIP file it may contain the .apk file that you can then put on your Sd card. Once the .apk file is on the SD card you can install it from there using a file browser.

Upvote 0
Download the zip file on a PC. When you open the ZIP file it may contain the .apk file that you can then put on your Sd card. Once the .apk file is on the SD card you can install it from there using a file browser.

Thanks. The other user on that site reported they were still having issues after uninstalling. Unless I do too, I think I'll just wait for an updated program through the Play Store. I would easily do that, but I don't have that much interest in doing it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones