• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home screen in Landscape

loomer

Android Enthusiast
I am looking for something that will just allow the home screen to go into landscape when tilted w/o having to load a completely new launcher/home screen app. Is there any stand alone app that will do this?

I am looking for something that will just allow the home screen to go into landscape when tilted w/o having to load a completely new launcher/home screen app. Is there any stand alone app that will do this?

Haven't heard of one.

Isn't there already a setting for that? When I tilt my phone left or right, it rotates. Go to Settings>Display and check the Auto Rotate Screen box. Is that what you're looking for?

Isn't there already a setting for that? When I tilt my phone left or right, it rotates. Go to Settings>Display and check the Auto Rotate Screen box. Is that what you're looking for?

That doesn't work for the home screen only in apps.

Ah, I see. I have LP, but I was so sure that the home screens rotated before I installed it. Guess not. Sorry I couldn't help!

Ah, I see. I have LP, but I was so sure that the home screens rotated before I installed it. Guess not. Sorry I couldn't help!

There are many people that say theirs did rotate at one point but stopped. Mine never did though.

Here is the problem I have with Launcher Pro. On the DROID2 you can resize widgets on your home screen with the stock homescreen. A feature that I like. When you install Launcher Pro you have to pay extra to be able to do that. Doesn't sound right to me.

Here is the problem I have with Launcher Pro. On the DROID2 you can resize widgets on your home screen with the stock homescreen. A feature that I like. When you install Launcher Pro you have to pay extra to be able to do that. Doesn't sound right to me.

It's only what $3? To me that's worth having my home screen in landscape without the keyboard.

Its not the ammount. It's the principal. an app that takes away the ability to do something that you can do with the stock phone, while adding something else is ass backwards.

I am not 100% sure on this, but could it be that widget resizing was not available on android 2.0 which is what launcher pro was built on?

Perhaps. Or even a later version. Either way there should be an app update now that 2.1 allows that functionality.

Launcher pro is being rebuilt from scratch. I would not be surprised if that gets included as a stock feature once he is done.

Back
Top Bottom