• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Honeycomb

kninetimmy

Hey honeycomb just got ported to the hero. I hear that alot of roms are hero ports maybe one of the devs could port it ? As always thanks so much devs for all you do :D)

Meh. The rumor is that Google will announce "ice cream sandwich" (they should get rid of that "sandwich" part, IMO) at Google I/O this week, which will update Honeycomb to include the phone bits that Honeycomb currently lacks. My guess is that this would be a more reliable port than a tablet OS that needs phone parts grafted on.

I suppose I should really go look in the Hero forums and look at what's done before I comment, though ... ;)

Meh. The rumor is that Google will announce "ice cream sandwich" (they should get rid of that "sandwich" part, IMO) at Google I/O this week, which will update Honeycomb to include the phone bits that Honeycomb currently lacks. My guess is that this would be a more reliable port than a tablet OS that needs phone parts grafted on.

I suppose I should really go look in the Hero forums and look at what's done before I comment, though ... ;)

Yea I'm thinking the "sandwich" should be dropped as well.

Yea I'm thinking the "sandwich" should be dropped as well.

i agree 100%... soundwich sounds pretty rediculous :eek:

i played with a honeycomb port on my incredible and it was kinda neat,but no where even close to being functional,and im sure the hero is the same way. ill have to search the hero forums later it.

seems the hero guys are extremely devoted.. they got all kinds of cool ports and roms. what would happen if i flashed a cdma hero rom on my eris thru clockwork? would it install? would it brick my phone? :eek: or would it load up and prolly just not be able to make calls,texts,etc? :confused:

seems the hero guys are extremely devoted.. they got all kinds of cool ports and roms. what would happen if i flashed a cdma hero rom on my eris thru clockwork? would it install? would it brick my phone? :eek: or would it load up and prolly just not be able to make calls,texts,etc? :confused:

I'm pretty sure that one of the first things that the upgrade script would do is to check to see if your phone is a heroc (the Eris is a desirec), and it *should* fail to proceed with the flash right from the start. I was under the impression that, with the exception of the proximity sensor on the Eris, the Hero CDMA and the Eris were essentially the same hardware, though. I may be wrong about that.

I'm pretty sure that one of the first things that the upgrade script would do is to check to see if your phone is a heroc (the Eris is a desirec), and it *should* fail to proceed with the flash right from the start. I was under the impression that, with the exception of the proximity sensor on the Eris, the Hero CDMA and the Eris were essentially the same hardware, though. I may be wrong about that.

is there someway we could fool the upgrade script into thinking that the eris is a heroc? or make clockwork think its on a heroc? what if i installed a hero clockwork image? :eek: would it pass the script check and install?

they have the honeycomb port,they have the 2.3/new sense port,they have nightly CM support...i mean,c'mon now! we should be able to partake in some of that fruit! :p;)

Back
Top Bottom