• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Honor 5X special features

alyssa17

Lurker
The Honor 5X is a dual SIM device and packs a microSD reader, as well as a fingerprint sensor. The latter feature, in particular, makes it unique within its price range.

huawei_honor_4x_cover_removed_ndtv.jpg
huawei_honor_4x_cover_removed_ndtv.jpg

The two SIM card slots are different. One takes a Nano-SIM, the other a micro-SIM. This makes the smartphone ideal for newcomers, who may not have a Nano SIM. Only one of the two SIM cards allows LTE operation, and you can choose which SIM your phone operates via within the phone’s software.

The fingerprint sensor is supposed to be lightning fast; it's claimed it only takes 0.5 seconds to unlock the device. We couldn't determine whether or not this is true on the demo device at CES however, nor could we assess the error rate.

Your picture isn't of the Honor 5X.:(
img_20160106180609.jpg

As far as the dual sim goes, both fully support LTE, but you can only use data on one sim at a time. Phone calls can be made from both sims. Also, the tray that holds the nano sim can simultaneously hold an SD card up to 128 GB. I'm using a 64 right now.

As far as the fingerprint scanner, I've been using it for several weeks, and I find it near instantaneous, so yeah, probably 0.5 seconds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom