• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Honor 6x vs ZTE Blade V8 Pro?

I have to make my mind up in the next few hours about which phone to get. I am on Metro PCS and do NOT use my phone for gaming though I do multi task. I am partial to the ZTE but can get the Honor 6X tomorrow for 50 bucks off. Which would you go for? I hate the honor does not have USB-C and with the ZTE you get a free case.

Which do you think will be better? I am planning on having this phone for atleast the next year and am coming from a ZTE Zmax Pro. Opinions please?

I was just debating the same thing and I went for the Honor 6X this morning for $199.99 during the Huawei flash sale.

The Honor 6X will be getting Nougat in Q2 of this year. The ZTE - who knows if or when it will go beyond Marshmallow.

I hope I made the right choice. We'll see...

Aside from a ridiculous name, the ZTE Blade V8 Pro has 2 features badly missing from the Honor 6X: Dual-band WiFi (5GHz support), and NFC. Right now, the ZTE Blade offers a better, near stock Android experience, but this will change once the Honor 6X is updated to EMUI 5.0 also has a better stock Android feel.

How much of the emui feel can you hide by installing a third part launcher, such as nova?
I mean, Nova certainly helps, especially if you theme up all the icons. Still, the notification shade is completely like iOS, but all of that will change in EMUI 5.0 which Huawei says will start rolling out next month. After that, it will be MUCH closer to the ZTE Blade V8 Pro in terms of stock-ish Android UI.

Ive owned the ZTE ZMAX pro and the honor 5x and now the 6x . I can honestly say ZTE makes a decent phone on the hardware side . But their phones are like fort Knox when it comes to rooting it . Never again will I buy a ZTE phone for that reason . Huawei on the other hand offers to unlock your bootloader for free from their site . I fully support this business practice and will be buying another Huawei phone in the future.

Back
Top Bottom